Mixed Fried Rice, also known as “Cơm Chiên Thập Cẩm,” is a flavorful and satisfying dish that combines a medley of ingredients to create a delightful one-pot meal. This popular Asian dish can be easily made at home, and it’s perfect for using up leftover rice and various vegetables. With a combination of savory flavors, tender meats, and vibrant colors, this Mixed Fried Rice recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice (preferably cold, as it yields better results)
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken (shredded or diced)
- 1/2 cup cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup Chinese sausage (lap cheong), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced (for garnish)
- Fried shallots (optional, for garnish)
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and minced garlic. Stir-fry the garlic until it becomes fragrant, but be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the Chinese sausage slices to the wok and continue stir-frying for about a minute until they release their rich aroma.
- Toss in the cooked chicken, shrimp, peas, carrots, and corn. Stir-fry the mixture for a few minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender and the meats are heated through.
- Push the ingredients to one side of the wok to create an empty space. Crack the eggs into the space and quickly scramble them. Once the eggs are cooked, mix them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the cold cooked rice to the wok. Use a spatula to break up any clumps and evenly combine the rice with the other ingredients.
- Drizzle the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil over the rice. Sprinkle the white pepper for added flavor. Continue to stir-fry everything together until the sauce is well distributed and the rice is evenly coated.
- Taste the Mixed Fried Rice and adjust the seasoning according to your preference. You can add more soy sauce or oyster sauce if needed.
- Once everything is well combined and heated through, turn off the heat.
- Serve the Mixed Fried Rice in individual bowls or plates. Garnish with sliced green onions and fried shallots for an extra burst of flavor and crunch.
Enjoy your homemade Mixed Fried Rice, a delightful combination of flavors and textures that will surely please everyone at the table!
Note: Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite vegetables and proteins for a unique and personalized version of Mixed Fried Rice.