Grilled shrimp with salt and pepper is probably a delicious everyday dish that is easy to make at home thanks to the fresh taste of shrimp combined with spicy chili salt. This dish has a very simple way to make, but you need to have a reasonable ratio of spices to marinate shrimp to be able to fully taste.
A little spicy of chili, a little chewy of shrimp meat, a strong salty taste of salt, all blended and grilled on a fragrant charcoal stove is always a dish that attracts your taste buds. The way to make delicious grilled shrimp is nothing but how to marinate shrimp. Below, we will share all the secrets to make the perfect flavor for this delicious dish.
- 500g fresh black tiger shrimp
- 1 horny chili
- 2 Bird’s eye chili
- 1 lemon
- Cucumber, laksa leaves, salad served
- Condiments include: salt, seasoning, sugar, fish sauce, pepper, cooking oil, chili sauce.
Grilled shrimp with salt and pepper is probably the favorite dish of seafood lovers. The aromatic sweetness of shrimp meat combined with spicy salt will create an attractive dish. The step-by-step instructions for making grilled shrimp with salt and pepper are very detailed. Thereby, you will know how to make chili salt, marinate and bake shrimp to achieve the best taste. Let’s go to the kitchen and follow the steps below to do it together!
1. Process Materials
- Wash shrimp, remove antennae.
- Garlic, horn peppers, crushed or minced hot peppers. You can add or remove chili according to your spicy taste.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water.
Want to try Rice With Grilled Shrimp in Pho 777 Castle Rock restaurant? Please Order Here. You’ll love it!
2. How to Make Grilled Chili Salt With Shrimp
First, you make a salt mixture to marinate: Put minced garlic and chili peppers in a bowl and mix well with 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of pepper and 2 teaspoons of cooking oil. Then, you add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix well so that the spices blend together.
3. How to Marinate Delicious Grilled Shrimp
Add the salt mixture to the shrimp, rub the mixture so that the salt penetrates each shrimp. Marinate for 30 minutes. Then, use bamboo skewers to skewer each shrimp from head to tail so that after baking, the shrimp will be straighter and more beautiful. If you bake shrimp in the oven, you don’t need the bamboo skewers, but directly put the shrimp in the oven.
4. Grilled Shrimp
You arrange each shrimp skewers on the griddle and put on the charcoal stove to grill. When baking, remember to constantly turn so that the shrimp does not dry out or burn. And, during the baking process, you can brush the shrimp with some cooking oil to make the shrimp shiny and delicious. Cooked shrimp is fragrant, red on all sides. One point you need to pay attention to is that you should not bake shrimp for too long, it will make the shrimp dry, hard, and lose its natural sweetness.
If you do not use a charcoal stove, you can bake shrimp in an oven with a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes.
Some Notes for Delicious Grilled Shrimp:
- Using granulated salt to marinate shrimp will be more delicious because iodized salt will quickly dissolve into water.
- Grilled fresh tiger shrimp will taste better. Fresh shrimp is a smooth, light-colored shell that can be alive.
- You can brush off the outer layer of salt when eating to make it less salty.
How to make grilled shrimp with salt and pepper is not too difficult with our step-by-step instructions. Just follow the right proportion of spices and you will have a delicious grilled shrimp dish that everyone must be addicted to. Good luck!