Vietnamese iced coffee with condensed milk, also known as cà phê sữa đá, is a beloved and iconic drink in Vietnam. It’s a perfect blend of strong coffee and sweet, creamy condensed milk, served over ice for a refreshing and satisfying treat. Here’s how to make your own delicious cà phê sữa đá at home:
- 2 tablespoons of coarsely ground coffee (preferably Vietnamese coffee)
- 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup of hot water
- Ice cubes
- Brew the coffee: Place the coffee grounds in a coffee filter or phin, and pour in the hot water. Let the coffee drip through the filter into a glass or mug. It should take about 4-5 minutes to brew.
- Prepare the condensed milk: Add the condensed milk to a small bowl or glass.
- Combine the coffee and condensed milk: Once the coffee has finished brewing, pour it into the bowl or glass with the condensed milk. Stir until the two are thoroughly combined.
- Add ice: Fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Pour the coffee and condensed milk mixture over the ice.
- Serve and enjoy: Use a spoon to stir the drink and combine the melted ice with the coffee. Enjoy your homemade cà phê sữa đá!
Optional: For an extra indulgent treat, you can also add a splash of heavy cream or half and half to the drink.
That’s it! With just a few simple steps, you can enjoy a delicious and authentic Vietnamese iced coffee with condensed milk in the comfort of your own home.