- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup glass noodles, soaked in water until softened and then drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Dipping sauce of your choice (such as sweet chili sauce or soy sauce)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, mushrooms, and glass noodles.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and black pepper. Pour this sauce mixture over the vegetable and noodle mixture, and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Take one spring roll wrapper and place it on a clean surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable filling onto one end of the wrapper.
- Fold the sides of the wrapper over the filling, then roll it up tightly, sealing the edges with a bit of water to make sure they stick together. Repeat this process with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place the spring rolls into the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy. Make sure to fry them in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Once the spring rolls are cooked, remove them from the oil and drain them on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Serve the vegetarian spring rolls hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delicious homemade vegetarian spring rolls!